Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pop of Color

All these ideas on pinterest for the home have a common thread for me... a pop of color.  Looking around my living room, I realized it was pretty bland.  Lots of gold, brown, and earth tones.  The rug has some rust and navy.  The couch has some jade and rust, but it is so small and muted that it is hard to see.  I have a painting that I love that has the teal/jade color that I love and I wanted to bring it out.  I was successful with a great fabric I (i.e. my mom) found for my valance.  I just wanted a little bit more.  Then I saw this...
http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2011/03/birthday-week-birthday-box.html
As much as I absolutely love this, it made me so nervous.  I have a bookshelf in my entry way.  The only way you can see it is if you are in the living room.  So I decided to give it a try.  Now, the color in the picture is not really what it looks like in real life, but I'm so in love how it turned out.  Now if only my child would grow up so I could decorate the bottom shelves :)

This took one night y'all!  My mom took Gibson to her house the weekend of my birthday.  Saturday I bought the paint thinking I would do it soon.  That night I went to a play, came home and thought, why not!  Taping took the longest.  Two coats of paint later and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment