Monday, October 15, 2012

Wall Art

Ok, so my friend Stephanie was re-doing her girls' rooms for their birthday.  She created boards with ideas for both rooms.  She pinned this picture of wall art from Etsy.


I thought it was cute, looked easy enough so I said I would make it.  HAHAHA.  I should have clicked on the pin before I spoke up.  Figured being on pinterest, it would be a link to a tutorial.  So I knew I wasn't going to stretch fabric (because apparently finding chevron fabric in stock in dfw is like finding leprechaun gold) so I bought a canvas, some gray paint and so pool blue felt, set everything out and clicked.  Its a link to an Etsy store where this talented lady sells these suckers for $34 plus shipping!  Ok, so plan B.  I found a tutorial for a felt flower pillow and improvised.

First, I painted on the chevron stripes.  Then added the felt to make a flower.  I think it turned out super cute.



Well, I couldn't make such cute original wall art for one girl and not the other.  So on to Lauren's room.  This girl is in love with zebra, pink, and bling.  So this is what I came up with...



You thought I was done right?  I had an extra canvas (Darn you Hobby Lobby and your 3 packs!) so I tried the flower with different colors...  I think it's cute, but I have no where to put it, doesn't go with a thing in my house so if you know where this can find a home, it is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment