Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Birthday Box

We were invited to a one year old's birthday party.  This little girl is precious.  I knew this little girl would get tons of clothes and she and her older sister have so many toys.  I wanted to get her something that was a keepsake or at least something that would last beyond this one birthday.  So I searched pinterest and found this:
http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2011/03/birthday-week-birthday-box.html



It's a neat concept, inside the box are cards with questions that you fill out every year on your birthday and attach a picture.  So, easy right?!  First, I needed a box.  I didn't have any shoe boxes and didn't really want to use one.  Bingo!  Paper mache boxes at Hobby Lobby!  I found a cute little suitcase and painted it white as a base.  Birthday girl's room is painted silver.  Her bedding is black and white with pink accents.  So I painted grey and white chevron stripes on the sides.  A border of pink around the top a little bit of black, her name and boom!  It was fun to make and her mom seemed to like it so I'm calling this one a success!

A base coat of white
Pink letters and border
Chevron stripes, black trim and done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment